The Myanmar Dental Council is formed under the Myanmar Dental Council law (Chapter III) with the approval of the Ministry of Health and the Government of the Union of Myanmar. The main objectives are to maintain and upgrade the qualification and standard of the health care services of dental practitioners and to supervise abidance and observance in conformity with the ethics of the dental practitioners.
Duties of the Council
The duties of the Council are as follows:
- Recognition or refusal to recognize dental degree conferred by any local or foreign institute or college of dental medicine or any organization formed for dental and oral science.
- Issuing the dental degree recognized by the Council from time to time.
- Determining ethics to be observed by the dental practitioner and supervision thereof.
- Preparing and publishing the list of registered dental practitioners and the list of dental practitioner license holders from time to time.
- Studying, carrying out as may be necessary, communicating and co-operating with the Government departments and organizations to enable maintaining and upgrading of the qualification and standard of the dental practitioners.
- Prescribing necessary criteria and standards for maintaining and upgrading the level of dental and oral health care of the Government and private hospital and clinics and submitting suggestions to the Ministry of Health.
- Submitting suggestions to the Ministry of Health, after studying and reviewing the developing and changing teaching systems of dental and oral science for upgrading the standard of teaching of dental and oral science and emergence of qualified dental experts.
- Inquiry, examining and taking action in case of failure to abide by and observe in conformity with the ethics of the dental practitioner.
Powers of the Council
The powers of the Council are as follows:
- forming the following committee and prescribing the functions and duties thereof:
- The Registration Certificate and Dental Practitioners License Scrutiny Committee
- Committee for Observance of Ethics
- Committee for Maintenance of Discipline
- Other necessary committee
- Issuing, refusing to issue and cancelling registration certificate;
- Issuing, refusing to issue, cancelling and revoking for a limited period of time of dental practitioner license;
- determining the term, renewal of the term and refusing to renew the term of dental practitioner license.
- communicating and cooperating with the approval of the Ministry of Health, with international, regional, local and foreign Government department, organizations and experts on matters beneficial to the State and Council;
- prescribing and collecting the registration fees, renewal fee of dental practitioner license and overdue fees;
- exercising the other powers conferred from time to time by the Ministry of Health for successful implementation of the objectives of the Council.
Members of The Council
|1||Prof. Paing Soe||Chairman|
|2||Prof. Thein kyu||Vice Chairman|
|3||Prof. Shwe Toe||Member|
|4||Prof. Sun Sun Win||Member|
|5||Prof. Myo Win||Member|
|6||Dr. Aung Kyawt Hpone||Member|
|7||Dr. Aung Khaing Maw||Member|
|8||Dr. Khin Maung||Secretary|
|9||Dr. Myo Thant||Joint-secretary|
|Prof. Paing Soe||Chairman
Myanmar Dental Council
|Dr.Khin Maung||Secretary, Myanmar Dental Council
Director (Oral Health Division)
Department of Medical Care
Ministry of Health
|Dr. Ye Nyunt||Head of Office
Myanmar Dental Council